Thursday, May 20, 2010

[from Pawel] about mathGL

Hi,

I hope you're working on your mathGL installation and visualization of your
many-particle disks. Yesterday, not everybody showed up so I'll repeat:
/home/pawel/mathgl-1.10 is a directory readable to you; it contains
mathgl-1.10.eng.pdf = the manual for methGL,
mathgl-1.10.tgz is in my /home/pawel/Download directory -
copy it, untar it like so
> tar xvf mathgl-1.10.tgz
and change into the directory that this command creates
> cd mathgl-1.10
it's a small package that you better set up in your directories, reading the installation part of the manual.

In my directory /home/pawel/math-1.10/ I have a sample program in C++ called
sample.cpp, also one in Fortran90 called sample.f90 and so on. You can copy if if you like,
it has only one type of plot uncommented but I tried many of them! Almost all types of graphs and multi-D
plots work perfectly.

One warning: before you install mathGL, you need to have a library gsl-1.13 installed in your system.
I have the tarball in /home/pawel/Download/gsl-1.13.tar.gz and I installed it for everybody to use on cudak3. If you're working on a different system, install it there, and if it's Windows, find another zip file for it. It should be described in the mathGL installation instructions, I'd think.

Those demo plots are fun to make! We'll see how you can use them for disks!

No comments:

Post a Comment